- Started export business at Omori, Tokyo.
Distribution of Selenium, Photoelectric cells and metal salts began.
- Manufacturing of Selenium Oxides and special alloys started.
Factory moved to Yokohama.
- Electrolytic refining of Bismuth, Tin and Indium started.
- Import of raw material started. Authorized as a bonded factory.
- Mass production of high purity Selenium and Tellurium for copying machine began.
- Tellurium Oxide production began.
Commenced distribution of high purity Selenium and Tellurium for copy machine to Europe and the USA.
- Mass production of Indium oxide / Tin oxide for ITO started.
Rare metal production factory in the Philippines established.
A subsidy for “high purity Selenium research and development” granted by Ministry of International Trade and Industry
- High purity Antimony production began.
- Recovery of Gallium and Tantalum began.
- Inspection facility expanded.
- Electrolytic refining of Indium facility expanded.
- Started production of high purity Selenium for X-ray sensor
- New Ga2O3 fine powder type released
- Gallium recovery facility expanded.
- A subsidy for “Selenium reclamation and refinement from waste” granted by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Iwaki New Plant started operation
Selenium production/recovery capacity expanded
Corporate name and the brand name "NRM"
In 1958, the company started in the name "Asia Shoun (Trading)"as a trading house in Omori, Tokyo. In 1960 the company started producing Selenium alloy in Mitaka, Tokyo. This is the start as a manufacturer, and the English corporate name "Nippon Rare Metal, Inc." has begun to be used for overseas trades since then. The Japanese corporate name has changed to "Asia Bussei Zairyo"(Asia Property and Materials) since 1965. The "NRM" brand name has gained confidence from users all over the world.